Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Sunday, August 24, 2014

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Black widow

Share


I love black.
Most of my wardrobe consists of black dresses and skirts.
Yet I don't always look evil.Or do I?!

BLACK WIDOW meaning:
-A poisonous spider
-A disingenuous woman who exploits her position in a relationship to the detriment of her partner
-A female who feeds off of the mental, physical and material means of a male and then leaves him for dead

As many of you, I have often wondered what would black widow wear?
I thought of an elegant outfit with a hint of vintage.
 Black colour was a must.

 My necklace is vintage. Found it at a fair.
The peacock earrings give a sassy touch to the whole outfit.
The black lace gives a romantic vibe.
The dress made out of veil is fluid in the wind.

At one point, my mind thought of Marquise de Merteuil and her evil ways.

 I've loved the movie "Dangerous Liaisons" which convinced me to purchase and read the books as well. For me she's pretty much a Black widow.
You don't believe me? Take a look at the quote below.

"I practiced detachment. 
I learned how to look cheerful while under the table I stuck a fork into the back of my hand. It wasn't pleasure I was after, it was knowledge. 
I consulted the strictest moralists to learn how to appear, philosophers to find out what to think, and novelists to see what I could get away with, and in the end, I distilled everything to one wonderfully simple principle: win or die. " (Marquise de Merteuil - "Dangerous liaisons")

Well, that's about it.
What are your suggestions for black widow outfits?
I'd love to see it. Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment